Please Note: AWB’s online classes are not yet set up on an automated system. If you register for an online class Monday through Thursday, our administrator will email you the materials and links you need within 24 hours. If you register on a Friday afternoon or over the weekend, we will send the materials to you the following week.
- This class will allow you to learn important, compelling information related to trauma treatment work from the comfort of your own home, while earning PDAs and CEUs affordably.
- This course is approved by the NCCAOM for PDAs and offers CEUs locally, including in Texas, with approval pending in California and Florida.
- To take this program all you need is a computer and internet access. We will provide links to download any free software you might need to complete and send back the required documents.
This course includes:
- Access to the video (approximately 2.25 hours) of a highly interactive, classroom presentation which covers the material
- Editable pdf files of the workbook, test, and evaluation you need to complete and send back to AWB to finish the course.
Once we receive your completed documents, we will send you both an AWB and an NCCAOM certificate for the course.
Alaine Duncan presents 12 Points for Restoration and Balance
This program teaches acupuncturists a 12-point auricular approach to trauma treatment, and then provides step-by-step instructions, with demonstration, for executing this approach. Conceptually, it explains the neurobiology and physiology of traumatic stress response, as it relates to the five element system of Chinese medicine.
It also explains how each person’s response to traumatic stress is different, depending on their constitution, history, and state at the time of the traumatic experience. It shows how Post Traumatic Stress is not the same for each person and is, in fact, not a disorder but an appropriate response to life threat. If offers a simple, effective way to customize trauma treatment for each person to provide maximum benefit.
Goals and Objectives:
- Understand why acupuncture is a perfect modality for treating the complexities of what has been termed “Post Traumatic Stress,” and why the term “Traumatic Stress Response” is more accurate.
- Understand specifically how the nervous system functions, physiologically, under conditions of life threat, and how this corresponds to the five element system of Oriental medicine.
- Understand the five types of Traumatic Stress Response, and how each of these types will present in patients.
- Understand how and why the practitioner’s own heart regulation is a critical tool in supporting the patient in healing from Traumatic Stress Response.
- Understand why titration of treatment, supporting the patient with incremental improvement, is necessary for effective healing.
- Know a 12-point approach to trauma treatment that allows the practitioner to customize treatment for each individual.
How we work