Stay tuned for information on 2018 Level 2 training!
Level I: 2-day trainings
15 CEU training
(4.5 CEUs in Safety and Ethics
plus 10.5 NCCAOM Core PDA’s, FL, CA, TX)
NOTE: Level I trainings can also be scheduled for private groups, and internationally. If you would like to schedule a special Level I training within the U.S., please contact the Level I Training Program Director, Melanie Rubin, email@example.com. For international trainings, contact Executive Director Diana Fried, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinic practicum during Level I Training, at ACTCM, San Francisco, CA, November, 2013
This entertaining and highly experiential 2-day training prepares acupuncturists to provide trauma relief and recovery programs in their own communities as well as abroad. Students and non-acupuncturist health professionals are also invited to attend. “Healing Community Trauma” strengthens the clinical, organizing and leadership skills that acupuncturists and other professionals need to establish disaster relief efforts and community service clinics for people affected by trauma.
It teaches participants how to establish:
- mobile clinics onsite after disasters
- community service clinics for veterans, active military and their families, as well as other local populations
- and international community service clinics that are part of World Healing Exchange trips and other AWB-affiliated international programs
It includes information on the following latest developments:
- Progress on adoption of acupuncture in the VA, including a new 12-point protocol for trauma recovery
- Updates on Battlefield Acupuncture use in the military
- Recent case studies about acupuncturists working with the Medical Reserve Corps and other relief organizations to gain access during relief efforts
- Most recent research studies about the efficacy of acupuncture for trauma recovery
- Discussion of other acupuncture protocols effective for trauma
AWB’s focus is on capacity-building among acupuncturists and other health professionals who will lead the way in their own communities in the event of a disaster, and for ongoing trauma recovery needs. In cases where local services are not available, and resources are available to send a team, AWB may provide direct services. If you are affiliated with a group or school that would like to host a training for 40 or more people, please email us at email@example.com.
Current AWB Level I Trainers:
- Melanie Rubin, AWB Level I Program Director, M.Ed., Acudetox Specialist, Certified Coach
- Carla Cassler, AWB Associate Director, DAOM, L.Ac.
- Diana Fried, AWB Executive Director, M.Ac., M.A., NCCAOM Dipl. Acl, Acudetox Specialist
- Stacey MacFarlane, M.Ac., L.Ac., Division Chair, Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Gerri Ravyn Stanfield, LAc., M.A., Author of Revolution of the Spirit: Awaken the Healer, NCCAOM Dipl.
Click HERE to learn about SUN TEN’s offering of one tuition scholarship to each AWB Healing Community Trauma training in 2017.
To register or pay for a training click on the link to the training in your area: