MSRP Newsletter 9-09
Military Stress Recovery Program Clinic Structure
|Join Our List
have the opportunity to become a Member or
Supporting clinic and
I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the transition from
summer into fall. I am sending this email to give you an
the Military Stress Recovery Project (formerly the Veterans Project)
and to let you know what will be happening in the months to come.
First, after over a year away from AWB I am returning to the Military
Stress Recovery Project in a limited capacity. I am so
excited to be
returning to a program that I feel so deeply connected with and I look
forward to working with you once again. I ask for your
patience as I
get up to speed on all of the incredible changes that have taken place
in the last year. If you have a question or issue that has
untended to recently please know that we are doing the best we can
with the limited resources we have.
Second, you can expect to see lots of changes, updates and new
additions to the project in the weeks and months to come. From
updated areas of the website, to useful new documents for operating
clinics, to increased support from AWB's national office; I am working
diligently to make the greater vision for the MSRP into a reality.
Third and finally, we are rolling out a new structure for the program
that will effect all new and existing clinics. MSRP clinics
this relationship will gain support, opportunities and a
of benefits through AWB. You will find a summary of this new
are currently seeking funds for ongoing support of the Military Stress
Recovery Program. If you know of potential grant sources,
donors or businesses that
may want to support this work please let us know.
you each for your commitment to this program and to this
as a vehicle for recovery and healing.
the spirit of service,
| The New MSRP Clinic Structure
following is a summary of our new MSRP clinical structure.
BENEFITS OF AWB CLINIC MEMBERSHIP
· Access to "members only" field
documents and to our Members Forum
· Free advertising by being listed on AWB's website and the credibility
of being part of national network
· Free sharps containers and pre-paid sharps disposal from
· Invitation to join our online Military Stress Recovery Project Forum
Supporting the ongoing creation of new MSRP Clinics around the country
providing free treatments to veterans and their families.
FOR BECOMING AN AWB MEMBER CLINIC
· AWB's Field Manual must be purchased or obtained at a training
· A Business Plan worksheet must be filled out and returned to AWB
· AWB staff must complete a phone call interview with one or more of
the leaders of the clinic
· A commitment by your clinic to hold at least 1 Community Acupuncture
Fundraising Event per year of membership
· Attendance by one or more of the clinic leaders at an AWB training is
strongly encouraged, but not required.
The Annual Dues for an MSRP Member Clinic are $100.00 per clinic (not
per volunteer). An individual who is a member of AWB is welcome to
switch that individual membership to an MSRP clinic membership if they
so choose. Your membership fee goes directly to the Military
Recovery Project to maintain
the program and allow AWB to continue to provide the informational,
moral and collaborative support that maintains the national network of
· Once membership is set up, the clinic is welcome to call itself an
MSRP Member Clinic.
are then eligible to become a Supporting Clinic.
OF BEING A SUPPORTING CLINIC INCLUDE
Eligibility to enter into a financial arrangement with AWB by which
contributions to your clinic are tax-deductible as long as they are
made out to and sent to AWB
· Eligibility to work in collaboration with AWB to apply for grants to
support your clinic
Free needles from Lhasa OMS as part of an arrangement with AWB, upon
AWB's receipt of your MSRP clinic's After Treatment Survey forms
· Support for the national Military Stress Recovery Project and the
work we are all doing together
· Simplified accounting procedures for you
FOR BECOMING AN AWB SUPPORTING CLINIC
· All clinic practitioners must be licensed acupuncturists in the
state where the clinic is located (or if NADA practitioners are legally
considered ADS practitioners in that state - that they are duly
· At least one primary clinic practitioner has been trained directly by
AWB and is supervising and training other staff.
All clinics must have an email address, phone number and mailing
address identified as Clinic Contact Information and submit that
information to AWB.
· All clinics must elect a Treasurer who will be responsible for
dealing with all financial issues for the clinic.
· All clinic practitioners must carry malpractice insurance that covers
any MSRP clinic locations where you are practicing.
· Clinics are required to send to AWB three months of After
Treatment Surveys, at which time they will qualify to receive 3 months
of free needles. This process is to be done every three months.
In order to enter into a reimbursement contract your clinic will need
to keep detailed records of all incoming donations and outgoing
· Approval by AWB and signing of Reimbursement Contract form.
AWB will allocate 70% of the donations raised by your clinic and
submitted to AWB to your clinic account as a credit for you to draw on
as expenses incur. The other 30% of the donation will go to support the
national AWB organization and the administration of the Military Stress
·AWB will set up an account in each affiliated clinic's name. Any
contributions that donors want to be tax deductible should be made out
· AWB will send quarterly statements to the Supporting Clinic
Treasurer, and you may request interim statements.
can include acupuncture supplies, office supplies for use of the MSRP
clinic, printing costs, rental charges for the space where the clinic
is held, website costs, phone costs, accounting services, marketing and
advertising costs to make the public aware of
the MSRP clinic.
We can NOT reimburse for volunteer stipends for clinic practitioners.
We can reimburse for professional services where you have hired an
outside vendor to conduct services.
Acupuncturists Without Borders
Kelly Lynn Dr.