Partnering with AWB
SUN TEN Laboratories Scholarships
SUN TEN Laboratories is generously partnering with Acupuncturists Without Borders to create new trauma healing projects. SUN TEN is offering one tuition scholarship to each AWB Healing Community Trauma training in 2017. Each tuition scholarship will be awarded to a training participant who plans to establish an AWB-affiliated service project after the training. AWB is very grateful to SUN TEN Laboratories for providing this opportunity for committed volunteers to establish trauma healing projects in the United States.
Examples of project possibilities include:
- A Community Service Clinic in your area (e.g. for veterans, refugees, sexual violence survivors, first responders and any group affected by trauma).
- Organizing a trained, disaster-ready team, with clearly established roles, that can respond quickly to disasters in your area.
- A trauma relief project in the US or internationally. Examples of this include AWB treatments at Standing Rock or after the devastating earthquakes in Nepal.
Note that in addition to a tuition scholarship, recipients will receive one mentoring session from an AWB staff person to help the recipient organize the project. Projects will then need to be able to run fairly autonomously, with regular updates provided to AWB, including data and photos as appropriate.
If you would like to apply for one of the Sun Ten Laboratories Scholarships, please email Carla Cassler at email@example.com and include the following:
- A brief description of the project you hope to establish (who you will serve, where, and the nature of the need)
- How you will fund and staff the project
- The types of data, photos, stories, and other documentation you anticipate being able to provide to AWB, and at what intervals
- Overall project time-line
- Your contact information
- Your practitioner status (licensed professional or student)
Applications must be received no later than one month prior to the training that you plan to attend. All projects that align with AWB’s service mission will be considered.
How we work